ITEN WIRED is now accepting applications for Summit 2017 speakers. This year’s summit will take place at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front starting on Monday, October 9th and continuing through Wednesday, October 11th.
Co-hosted by IT Gulf Coast and FloridaWest Economic Development Alliance, ITEN WIRED draws together hundreds of tech professionals, entrepreneurs and executives for two days of networking and education opportunities. The profits from this event benefit the IT Gulf Coast scholarship fund.
This information and knowledge-driven event provides a forum for IT professionals to share insights and solutions to improve the profession and to further develop our participants’ expertise. This year’s summit is organized around a few major themes but we are accepting all tech-related topics. Some examples include:
- Tech Makers / Start-Ups
- Professional Development for techies
- Virtual Environments, simulation, gaming
- IGNITE® ITEN: Share a personal or professional tech passion using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes.
Before Applying, Please Take Note of The Following:
- What’s your talk about? No, not the general topic, but your special twist. What is your unique point of view, the inspiring special sauce, or practical remarkable skill that you can impart with this talk? This is not a sales pitch, so be prepared to enlighten us generally speaking.
- Naming Your Talk. You want your title to grab the attention of someone skimming a list of 16 sessions to quickly and easily decide if it’s for them or not. It’s good to be clever and original, but don’t be so cutesy as to obscure the point.
- Tweet it! What’s the most concise, tweetable take on what your talk has to offer the world? Maybe this is a shorter version of your description. Maybe it’s the tweet attendees are most likely to post as they watch you in action on the stage. Please make sure you cap it 130 characters to allow for #itenwired16.
- Who are you? Your bio should be short, confident, and accentuate your strongest points. Let the brightest sparks of your personality shine through. People want to invest their event time in some they feel a connection with, who might have something to offer them. As with your description, be a little specific here in order to connect with your right people. If you are crossing over to talk about your field for an audience from another field, dial back the TLAs (three letter acronyms) and insider talk and describe yourself using language that audience can relate to.
Interested speakers should submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name / Company / Job Title / Photo
- Presentation Title & Abstract
- Email address and Phone Number
- Short Biography including social profiles
- Tweetable brief
Deadline for submission is June 1, 2017. Speakers will receive confirmation of acceptance no later than July 1, 2017.